Full Time Program
The full-time program brings students together with their classmates and teachers in Homeroom each morning, Monday through Thursday. K-2 students are in live classes for approximately two hours each of those days. and 4-8 students are in live classes for approximately four hours each day. The afternoons and Fridays are intended for completing asynchronous work and tutoring.
The full time academy models includes English Language Arts (ELA), Spalding, Poetry, Math, Science, History, Music, P.E., Spanish (K-3), and Latin (4-8).
Periodic field trips, virtual and in-person social events, reading groups, and leisure class time online all help to build relationships and community among Great Hearts Online Private faculty and families.
Special Education (SPED)
We are proud to offer certain special student services for our full academy scholars.
For student who already have an IEP or a 504 plan in place, services include:
● Small group pull-out instruction for ELA and Math with session being directed toward student goals
● Re-teach of in-class concepts in ELA and Math
● Small group testing for all content areas as necessary
● Homework support (similar to a study hall)
● Weekly grade level meeting integration
● Weekly parent meetings to discuss successes and challenges
● Accommodating and modifying student assignments as necessary
For students with documented dyslexia services:
● Small group sessions to support close reading, and writing skills
● Academic accommodations to classroom assignments to promote student success
Our Spalding curriculum is an approved method by the International Multisensory Structured Language Education Council (IMSLEC) and the International Dyslexia Association (IDA).
Not provided: Assessment/Diagnostic Evaluations
Services not included:
● Individual evaluations and assessments to determine eligibility for SPED services
● Dyslexia assessments/diagnostic evaluations
● Re-evaluations to remain in SPED (done every three years)
● Occupational Therapy
● Physical Therapy
● Speech Therapy
● Hearing and vision impairment
● English Language Learner (ELL) services